[lbo-talk] Obama Says US May Reach Out to Taliban

Charles Brown cdb1003 at prodigy.net
Mon Mar 9 15:57:44 PDT 2009

>But look , don't you realize that chimpanzees have more
>sense than you do in that they know that you can't disrespect
> females like you are. You dig ? You are dumber than apes
>when it come to the girls. So why not drop the extraordinary anti-women
>total bullshit and peace out ?"

When did protecting women's rights become a US foreign policy goal? I must have missed a memo. If it is a goal, should they invade Saudi Arabia? Ireland? -- Sandy Harris, Quanzhou, Fujian, China

^^^^^^ CB: This is a joke in frustration.

Protecting women's rights is not a goal of US foreign policy , but right to school et al were a side-effect there.

However, this is supposed to be a parting verbal "shot" while getting _out_ of Afghanistan. A _dis_ -invasion. PEACE and OUT.

Also, it's a proposed change to US foreign policy, but to be asserted diplomatically, not militarily.

 Fantasy: maybe  an auxilary  peace deal brokered by the UN representing world opinion could get some "rights". I don't know that the Taliban (or Pathan ?) have much respect for world opinion , saying practice what you preach.