[lbo-talk] Big rise in cannabis factories

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 07:19:59 PDT 2009

> [WS:] Why don't they legalize the stuff? It would make perfect sense from
> a capitalist point
> of view, it would increase both profits and state revenue just as alcohol
> and tobacco
> sales do.) So if it is not capitalism, then what?

Control. Simple as that. The Drug War is a boon for our increasingly militarized police; plus, you have to fill all that prison space. Those who say, "But drug revenues would help the economy, etc" always overlook this obvious point.

Still, it looks like Obama's DOJ may pull back on the drug bust front, at least as far as weed goes. But legalize it? In this hypocritically puritan culture? No chance.

Dennis