[lbo-talk] Big rise in cannabis factories

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 10 10:55:46 PDT 2009

At 07:19 AM 3/10/2009, Dennis Perrin wrote:

>>[WS:] Why don't they legalize the stuff? It would make perfect
>>sense from a capitalist point
>>of view, it would increase both profits and state revenue just as
>>alcohol and tobacco
>>sales do.) So if it is not capitalism, then what?
>
>Control. Simple as that. The Drug War is a boon for our increasingly
>militarized police; plus, you have to fill all that prison space.
>Those who say, "But drug revenues would help the economy, etc"
>always overlook this obvious point.

Control has been part of it since the beginning and now it's pretty much the whole story.

Everybody remembers J. Edgar Hoover but we forget Henry J. Anslinger, who started the drug war and ruled the roost for about as long as Hoover. Here's some Anslingerthink:

...the primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.

There are 100,000 total marijuana smokers in the US, and most are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers. Their Satanic music, jazz and swing, result from marijuana usage. This marijuana causes white women to seek sexual relations with Negroes, entertainers and any others.

Marihuana leads to pacifism and communist brainwashing.