[lbo-talk] Roubini's unemployment call now up to "well above 10 percent into next year"

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 10:25:10 PDT 2009

[I recall some talk about his previous 9% call being not so bad.]

---

http://www.cnbc.com/id/29598949

From CNBC: Roubini: US Recession Could Last Up to 36 Months.

"We could end up ... with a 36-month recession, that could be "L-shaped stagnation, or near depression," Roubini said. He puts the chance of a severe U-shaped recession at 66.7 percent, and a less severe L-shaped recession at 33.3 percent.

"We are in the 15th month of a recession," said Nouriel Roubini, a professor at New York University's Stern School of Business, told CNBC in a live interview. "Growth is going to be close to zero and unemployment rate well above 10 percent into next year."