[lbo-talk] Big rise in cannabis factories

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 10 14:15:15 PDT 2009

At 02:03 PM 3/10/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>how and where does this "capitalist point of view" get
>formed, and how is it turned into state policy?

This reminds me, I watched "The American Ruling Class" the other night on tv. I didn't see your name in the credits. Did I just miss it?

One of my favorite parts, in addition to Doug's appearance of course, was when Kurt Vonnegut was asked if he thought there was an American ruling class. With a disbelieving look Vonnegut said "who are you and where were you educated?" Barbara Ehrenreich telling the same character not to talk to her about philanthropy was good too. She said the real philanthropists are people working for low wages to keep everyone with more money taken care of.