[lbo-talk] Japanese manga version of Marx's Das Kapital

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 07:08:49 PDT 2009

All right, I was running my digital mouth, and I certainly meant no offense. I know that both of the series are very popular, and that some of the volumes are very good and very useful. I briefly used - did not buy - the first "For Dummies" book, "DOS for Dummies," which was written by some local dude here in San Diego, and it *did *contain much useful information. However, it was written in an intolerably jokey style; virtually every paragraph contained some lame joke trying to sugarcoat the point raised. I just find both franchises a little strange in comparison to, say, the venerable Schaum's outline series. I'm a dummy and an idiot for being so harsh.