[lbo-talk] German school gunman 'kills 16'

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 10:35:58 PDT 2009

That would be hard to say. Certainly the early spree killers in post-WWII America were national news for days: Howard Unruh, Starkweather, Whitman, and Speck (who isn't on the Wiki list - because he also raped one of his victims?) As I recall, even in the old days, when such things happened one certainly heard about them. Life magazine, the CNN of the day, devoted near entire issues to Whitman's and Speck's crimes - with some incredible photographs included in the stories.

Okay, over limit for the day.