[lbo-talk] Palin daughter splits from fiance

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 12:56:29 PDT 2009

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7939303.stm

> Schadenfreude?

God, good for her. Imagine being forced at that age to marry somebody you don't want to marry. Imagine it's your own family, who are both religious nuts and big-time right-wing political nuts both at the same time, doing the shoving. "Here honey, commit yourself to living the rest of your life with Mullet Boy there, miserably, in service to the ghost of Ronald Reagan and Jesus. _Or else._" Fuck that shit. I don't envy Bristol Palin, but I dig her "fuck you" spirit and I hope things eventually work out OK for her.

yrs WDK