[lbo-talk] Verizon fraud

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 18 06:32:32 PDT 2009

I recently noticed that Verizon engages in fraudulently adding unauthorized charges to their DSL internet service. Without any warning, they add a "security and backup" service, "games on demand" service and in some cases a movie service - totaling between $20 and $30.

They pulled that trick on me and other people in MD I know. It takes a lot of hassle to cancel these unauthorized 'services.' Of course, those who have automatic billing are likely to miss this unauthorized addition to their bill.

I wonder if others on this list were subjected to the same corporate fraud, and if so, if it is feasible to file a class action suit against the rat fuckers.

Wojtek