[lbo-talk] Verizon fraud

Andy andy274 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 08:40:41 PDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I recently noticed that Verizon engages in fraudulently adding unauthorized charges to their DSL internet service.  Without any warning, they add a "security and backup" service, "games on demand" service and in some cases a movie service - totaling between $20 and $30.

I don't know about their DSL, but Verizon Wireless customers might have missed the note for opting out of their sharing 'services purchased (including specific calls you make and receive), billing info, technical info and location info'. I got the notice a couple of years ago. I found out how to opt out through the Verizon website in the comments here:

<http://i.gizmodo.com/5166365/free-advice-watch-the-mail-and-opt-out-of-verizon-sharing-your-personal-data>

(Via slashdot: <http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/03/08/196242>)

I'd be curious what anybody who doesn't mind data mining at Facebook and the like thinks of this.

-- Andy