[lbo-talk] Glenn Beck breaks down in tears, blubbers on-air AGAIN

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 13:21:39 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> writes:

> Yup. What annoys me, though, is the line that we don't need newspapers
> because the Internet will save us.

The meteoric rise to fame of a few bloggers has blinded them to the fact that most are just echo chambers where complaints about newspaper articles reverberate. In an environment without large dailies and their national desks, these bloggers would be reduced to commenting on what is being discussed on cable news shows. Of course, you can keep tabs on the blogosphere if you tune in to CNN's "blog buzz" segment...

Maybe we can print out a transcript of the CNN segment and pretend it's a newspaper. :)