[lbo-talk] rushkoff to economy: drop dead

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Mar 18 14:17:48 PDT 2009

On Mar 18, 2009, at 4:52 PM, Joshua wrote:

> What say you LBO'ers? Is there anything to this? Can a new society
> be
> built from the ashes of the old? Or do we just get fascism? And
> why does
> he insist on calling it "corporatism" instead of "capitalism"? So
> many
> questions...
>
> http://www.arthurmag.com/2009/03/16/let-it-die-rushkoff-on-the-
> economy/

Rushkoff:

"If the corporate supermarket chain’s debt structure renders it incapable of stocking its shelves this spring, this may be the wake-up call that consumers need to finally subscribe to a Community Supported Agriculture farmer."

Yeah, and while we rework the whole food production system, people will just have to skip a few meals?

This piece is idiotic.

Doug