[lbo-talk] rushkoff to economy: drop dead

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 18 16:48:20 PDT 2009

Chris Doss wrote:
> This line is awesome:
>
> "“The great cathedrals of Europe were not paid for with money from the Vatican; they were local investments, made by small towns looking for ways to share their prosperity with future generations by creating tourist attractions.”

I read some right-winger on a machinist list making this same claim just a few weeks back. Maybe this is where he got the idea. I almost responded but then figured what's the point, anyone who believes this certainly won't be dissuaded by anything I write. Sometimes metal working email lists seem like LGF more than anything else as of late. The extreme right is still have convulsion over Obama and a Democratic ascendancy. Some members particularly so.

John Thornton