[lbo-talk] The Nation web site sabotaged?

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu Mar 19 20:24:23 PDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 8:02 PM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> I tried to search something on The Nation's web site today and I got
> a really nasty virus which McAfee was unable to detect. I had to
> factory restore the hard drive to get rid of it. I downloaded a new
> anti-virus software (AVG - free edition) and tried to visit The
> Nation again. This time the anti-virus software detected the threat.
>
> But it looks like some right-wing Repug swine booby-trapped their
> web site. Is there any way to confirm that?

Woj,

perhaps you should start out by posting the URL of the site... maybe it wasn't The Nation at all? From your mention of AVG, I assume you are using Windows, and IE?

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/