[lbo-talk] Chossudovsky: "2010 budget will entail the most drastic curtailment in public spending in American history"

John Gulick john_gulick at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:20:46 PDT 2009

DH:

Chossudovsky is a heavy-breather from way back.

JG:

Yeah, it's a shame. That Center for Research on Globalization crew will take on all kinds of subjects that cry out for serious investigative reporting and serious intellectual dissection from a critical left standpoint (subterranean geopolitics, money laundering, shadow banking, covert ops, etc.), but they habitually fall prey to heavy breathing. Same goes for Counterpunch wingnuts too. There's such a close association between said topics and said hyperbole that it almost becomes a naturalized part of the landscape. I'm sorely tempted to use sources like Engdahl in my own writing when appropriate but I'm always worried that down the road someone will play gotcha, and that indeed, they will have gotten me. Like I said, a shame.

_________________________________________________________________ Get quick access to your favorite MSN content with Internet Explorer 8. http://ie8.msn.com/microsoft/internet-explorer-8/en-us/ie8.aspx?ocid=B037MSN55C0701A