[lbo-talk] Geithner clarifies

Wojtek Sokolowski swsokolowski at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 17:44:00 PDT 2009

[WS:] Which is a polite way of saying "it's power, stupid! The capitalist class of this country has his, everyone else does not, end of discussion." But one does not call a spade a spade in a polite society, hence Mr. Obama circumlocution.

BTW, this situation reminds me of a political cartoon from the Solidarity era in Poland. A party apparatchik faces an angry crowd of protesters and says "As a matter of fact, I am responsible for all that mess. And what are you going to do about it?"

Wojtek