[lbo-talk] Geithner clarifies

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Tue Mar 24 10:33:02 PDT 2009

Doug writes:

> I don't think the point of all this should be to try to restore the
> status quo ante - to take us back to 2005 or 1999. I think
> we need a tightly regulated financial system and, at the very
> least, social democracy. That's what I want to "work."

I agree with you. I don't, however, agree that the way to get that to "work" is to implement the Swedish Solution on Citibank and Bank of America. And I don't agree with anyone else who says it, either. Because I don't believe it will accomplish that goal. So if you want the above to "work" then you should stop saying that what you want to happen can be accomplished by nationalizing Citibank.

Is this really all that hard to parse?

/jordan