[lbo-talk] pictures of Che

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 25 11:22:11 PDT 2009

Eric Beck wrote:

> Excuse me for a moment while I vomit. Okay, I'm back. I'd be greatly
> interested in hearing how you can go about separating race and class
> and gender in a way that's not just theoretical (in the bad sense).
> Sure,

Barbara Jeanne Fields has a nice perspective on this. Arguing about whether to 'privilege' race or class is comparable to two mathematicians arguing aboauat whether the numerator or the denominator is more important.

Incidentally, we need a bit more precision from shag. "Poor" (especially undeserving "poor") is often aesopian language for "black." Is that how it was being used in the discussion she recounts?

Also, the whole complex of issues here will for the most part continue to be intractable except in the context of significan mass struggle. It is simply not possible to evade the limits on though Marx encapsulates in the 11th thesis (seen as epistemology and not merely a boy-scout oath to do good.)

Carrol