[lbo-talk] My Aristotle rant, was: Re: Glenn Beck breaks down in tears, blubbers on-air AGAIN

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 16:54:18 PDT 2009

Fine, 4th-century wise Greeks. My point was that eudaimonia is not a subjective state of pleasure, i.e., happiness. It is not an emotion, which is what "happiness" generally means to modern post- and late Christians.

But thanks for illustrating my previous point that Aristotle does not, 99% of the time, argue from first principles, but rather from opinion.