[lbo-talk] "The US did not choose to fight a war in Afghanistan"!

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 28 15:38:53 PDT 2009

Chris Doss wrote:

> The civil war in Afghanistan has been going on for 30 years and is not going to stop if the US decides to remove all its involvement. What will happen

Is whatever happens. So?

>From the perspective of organizing and building left forces in the
United States there is nothing complicated about this. We do all we can to make life miserable for the U.S. government as longas u.s. troops are anywhere outside the U.S. borders. For entertainment we can discuss the empirical facts of each instance, but it is betrayal of left possibilites for leftists to hae any central policy but u.s. out now. We need to discuss and debate strategy and tactics for carrying out that policy, but all modifications of it are pro-imperialist regardless of the intentions of the person.

Carrol