[lbo-talk] software question

JC Helary brandelune at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 20:07:40 PDT 2009

On dimanche 29 mars 09, at 10:36, John S Costello wrote:

> I know the answer to the VBA question. Microsoft's VBA for Mac
> implementation was tuned for PPC and they got caught flat-footed when
> the switch to Intel happened.

http://www.schwieb.com/blog/2006/08/08/saying-goodbye-to-visual-basic/

The only reason people would want to upgrade to Office 2008 is because it has become reasonably less unstable and slightly faster than Office 2004 on Intel machines (I don't know for PPCs).

But it is still mostly unusable for large structured documents.

http://www.betalogue.com/2009/03/18/pages-large-documents/

But of course, mileage may wary. Which means that the software _is_ not stable. Mileage should _not_ vary for so called professional software.

Jean-Christophe Helary