[lbo-talk] Anarchist Cookbook 2?

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 30 11:33:53 PDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 2:40 AM, James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
>> Leeds anarchist Tony Earnshaw used to tell a story about the IWW, that they tested their loyalty in a salmon cannery, by running a campaign where all the luxury salmon was given the standard labels, and the standard salmon, the luxury labels.

Andy replied
>Was there any difference in the contents?

Yes, I think that was the point of the action, the toffs got the rubbish, and the proles the best. I Earnshaw's telling, they did not notice for months because they toffs thought that was what quality would taste like, so obedient were they to the labelling... Whether any of this is true, or just Earnshavian wit, I don't know. Check him out at http://www.anthonyearnshaw.com/