[lbo-talk] Anarchist Cookbook 2?

Politicus E. epoliticus at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 11:50:25 PDT 2009

Hi. I have two comments regarding this issue. First, X refers me to the Crimethinc Collective's "Recipes for Disaster." Despite my respect for Crimethinc, the "Recipes" do not satisfy the objective that I specified in my post. The "Recipes" covers a much broader array of subjects than what was implied in my e-mail, including topics such as "banner drops and banner hoists" and "billboard improvement." Only a very small number of sections in the "Recipes" deal with the question of countering police tactics on the street by mass formations, and even in those sections, the matter is treated in what I consider with insufficient depth.

With respect to the remark by Wojtek, let me say that I do not think that your approach is mutually exclusive to the one outlined by me. They are complementary. I do agree that a Gramsican war of position is warranted (in the US) under the present circumstances. I make only one additional point here: I do not think that the advantage of the security apparatus mainly derives from its technological superiority, but the low political awareness of the general population and the masses in the employ of the military. Class contradictions exist within the institutions of the capitalist state (e.g., the army) and to aggrevate them is to gain a political advantage.

epoliticus