[lbo-talk] 31-cent ice cream and anarchist theory

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Fri May 1 11:42:46 PDT 2009

At 09:01 PM 4/30/2009, Joanna wrote:

>Severely limit TV.

I think that could cause more problems than it solves. I don't know many people who don't like tv so I think it's better to watch with her than keep her from it.

>Expand viewing by allowing them to see videos rather than the stuff
>that's full of commercials.

These days you can avoid the commercials with the push of a little button. My kid has picked up that habit.. And we watch a lot of dvds and go to bargain matinee movies.

>Go shopping at Goodwill and flea markets. It's a lot cheaper and
>it's more of a treasure hunt.

We do that a lot. It's a big part of shopping excursions already. That and bookstores.