[lbo-talk] How many earths

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat May 2 19:45:43 PDT 2009

On May 2, 2009, at 10:02 PM, ravi wrote:

> what is needed is to raise *average* real wages and consumption, and
> that does not conflict in any manner with sound and sustainable
> consumption

That's badly stated. Average = median (sorta(*)), above, not mean. Or: some people's consumption is so low that their life sucks. To change that, we don't need everyone to consume more ("rising tide lifts all boats") but just those people.

(*) I say sorta, because to complete my argument, I need to discuss the impact of human population, but that brings out the Malthus name- calling!

--ravi