[lbo-talk] How many earths

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed May 6 18:45:33 PDT 2009

actually, there's a really great book we used to teach a citizenship course with. i can't for the life of me recall the title, i will write and ask, but the basis thesis, supported by evidence, was that very well-to-do first worlders and very impoverished people all over the world do damange equally. the book recounted all the ways the practices of the very impoverished fucked up the planet in ways some environmentalists don't examine. basically, the idea was that the planet could be sustained if everyone lived like yer typical lower-middle-strata 1st worlder.