[lbo-talk] Meanwhile More SEIU Warm and Fuzziness: Fwd: Game-changer

Dorene Cornwell dorenefc at gmail.com
Mon May 11 12:46:33 PDT 2009

Makes me all warm and fuzzy to get this after the single-payer advocates got shut out of the hearing last week....

---------- Forwarded message ---------- Subject: Fwd: Game-changer

-----Original Message----- From: Andy Stern, SEIU.org <info at seiu.org> Sent: Mon, 11 May 2009 11:06 am Subject: Game-changer

A game-changer. That's what happened this morning.

I just returned from the White House, where President Obama unveiled a plan by SEIU and other groups to reduce the cost of health care and jumpstart the drive toward real reform. The basic premise of the plan is simple: even small changes in how we deliver health care add up when applied across the board. All told, the changes we're implementing will save $2 trillion over the next 10 years; that's $2,500 in savings for a typical American family. Watch my video message, then send a note to Congress: action.seiu.org/gamechanger For our movement, today is a game changer. We've made it clear that our differences will not stop us from coming together to solve this crisis. Now, Congress needs to follow suit. Take action and explain to Congress why today is a game-changer: action.seiu.org/gamechanger Here are the specific steps we can take to swiftly bring down costs:

Improve the nation's health and well being; Incentivize better patient care outcomes;

Encourage the advancement of medical treatments, approaches, and science; Streamline administration; and Encourage efficient care delivery based on evidence and be st practices.

These changes constitute the most significant move toward real health care reform in our nation's history. But getting us the rest of the way there will take a similar commitment from Congress.

Already, some Republicans have indicated that they'll do everything in their power to block us. They'll be there to criticize us at every turn - but they won't offer any solutions of their own.

We've had enough of the political gamesmanship. It's time to work together for real solutions to the health care crisis. Watch my video message and send your message to Congress: action.seiu.org/gamechanger Your efforts are paying off. Today, we're one step closer to putting our country on sound fiscal footing, providing stability to families and businesses, and laying a new foundation for our economy for generations to come.

Thanks for standing with us,

Andy Stern President SEIU

P.S. This agreement is generating quite a bit of news. Read about our agreement and tell Congress that it's time to put partisan politics aside and pass health care reform.

SERVICE EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION

SEIU 1800 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20036

To unsubscribe, go to:

ht tp://action.seiu.org/unsubscribe