[lbo-talk] Meanwhile More SEIU Warm and Fuzziness: Fwd: Game-changer

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at verizon.net
Mon May 11 19:07:09 PDT 2009

My reactions after <<<

Quoth Bro. Stern: " . . . Here are the specific steps we can take to swiftly bring down costs:

Improve the nation's health and well being;

<<< drivel

Incentivize better patient care outcomes;

<<< this is a specific step? Who? How?

Encourage the advancement of medical treatments, approaches, and science;

<<< we've already got that, fueled by huge dough; less dough threatens less innovation

Streamline administration;

<<< in a multi-payer system? With new "incentives" and encouragement of 'efficient care delivery yadda yadda yadda'?

and Encourage efficient care delivery based on evidence and be st practices.

<<< in other words, create the potential for a patient to be denied some kind of care Because it fails some mechanical test of "evidence and best practices"

<<< color me skeptical. And I'm starting to think A. Stern is a public menace.