[lbo-talk] $15k for an internship!

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Fri May 15 15:28:21 PDT 2009

>And you really want to make a big fuss about somewone paying a frew
>thousand to gain work experience, or some other run-of-the-mill idiocy
>of life under capitalism.
>It this little Huffintong caper were really worth concern, we could
>consider ourselves living in utopia.
>Tsk tsk.
>
>Carrol

"I am in the position of those women in 1948 (as reported in *Time*) who forced a men's club to disband. It existed for the sake of informing women that their slip showed. But with the new styles just then introduced they were often met with a "Yes, isn't it nice."

Yes. Isn't it nice?

"baiting is sometimes effective when used against a principled non-communist opponent, for she is trapped between two unwelcome choices: for if she (truthfully) denies (the charge), she gives implicit assent to an unethical mode of discourse, while to ignore or accept the charge is also to give implicit assent to a lie. Thus the tactic sometimes works simply by creating that commonplace situation in which the lie is simple, the correcting truth complex and long-winded."

For the WIN: who ever uses The Goog fast enough to find the author of the quotes! :p

shag