[lbo-talk] India's Hindu Party Reflects on Election Drubbing

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue May 19 10:50:15 PDT 2009

What is the purpose of arriving at a correct judgmnent of the CPI(M)? Knowledge for the sake of knowledge? If that is all, I'd rather consider the complexities of the heaven Milton portrays in Paradise Lost, which in fact throws more light on contemporary politics in the "advanced industrial world" than does any critique of this or that left party in any of those nations -- and is more fun to boot. If it has some other purpose than knowledge for the sake of knowledge, I would like to be informed of that prupose.

I tend to react negatively to any praise or blame of parties elsewehre than the nation of the critic. Such critiques tend to have behind them a mystical theory of universal theory of revolution.

Carrol