[lbo-talk] Close the Prisons Re: Irish priests beat, raped children

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu May 21 16:55:29 PDT 2009

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> At 12:55 PM 5/21/2009, Chris Doss wrote:

> It might not be a great slogan but it's not true that it would
> attract no one whatsoever.

There are always better ways to formulate a slogan, but this slogan is (would be) aimed primarily at those with strong leftist sympathies -- it mobilizes the core and provides a text for discussing the world with those 'just outside' the core (a category that grows rapidly in periods of social upsurge). Those who object to it or quibble about monsters are not part of the intended audience.

I left out, however, one more important slogan: Open Borders.

Same purposes as listed above.

Carrol