[lbo-talk] Irish priests beat, raped children

Wendy Lyon wendy.lyon at gmail.com
Sun May 24 08:56:08 PDT 2009

On 23/05/2009, Michael McIntyre <morbidsymptoms at gmail.com> wrote:

> NGO workers would get nowhere with this campaign unless they were able to
build it into some kind of mass hysteria. Hell, even The Wire, a show with some following on this list (me included), built a whole season around this theme. The NGO workers can't make this machine run if it has no resonance.

Yeah, but how mass really is the hysteria? Here it's a huge issue among women's NGOs, and to a lesser extent the religious and immigration sectors, but in terms of how concerned John Q. Public is about it, I don't think it's even really on the radar.