[lbo-talk] Irish priests beat, raped children

Michael McIntyre morbidsymptoms at gmail.com
Sun May 24 17:10:12 PDT 2009

OK, hysteria - not the right word. But it's entered the realm of "common sense". You can write it into the plot of a TV show and everyone "gets it". Each year, several students in my program want to right papers on it. I assigned Laura Agustin's book last year to try to help stem the tide. The point is that without some kind of resonance in the population at large, NGOs with their panties in a bunch wouldn't get far. Otherwise all we'd have to do is create a bunch of 501(c)3's with a "close the prisons" slogan and we'd have the baby-rapers back on the streets in no time! MM