[lbo-talk] Origins of Mancow's waterboarding stunt

James Leveque leveque.james at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:09:19 PDT 2009

>HANNITY: I'll do it for charity. I'll let you do it. I'll do it for

the troops' families.

This is classic Hannity. He seizes upon any chance to spin some bullshit idea into empty populism. I realize that he's just running his mouth, but at some level, I think he honestly is equating waterboarding with the school fair dunking booth. Olbermann's encouragement of it just deflates the seriousness of any discussion about torture. We've reached a point where a discussion of actual waterboarding has been replaced by (voluntary, stop-when-I-give-the-signal, do-it-for-the-troops) "waterboarding".