[lbo-talk] My Dinner With Disillusionment

dredmond at efn.org dredmond at efn.org
Tue May 26 21:34:10 PDT 2009

On Tue, May 26, 2009 3:16 pm, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> Obama?
>
> That's the name my increasingly disheartened friends whisper as if
> they're talking about a crazy aunt who lives upstairs with god knows how
> many cats.

The single best article on the post-Obama let-down, courtesy of the indispensable Onion -- note that this won't make a lot of sense unless you've actually seen "The Shining" (1980), one of the greatest horror films of all time and also one of the greatest critiques of neoliberalism ever made:

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/sasha_obama_keeps_seeing_creepy

If folks on this list haven't seen "The Shining", get the Bluray version, sit back, and watch the financial/credit/Wall Street/US imperial metaphors pile up faster than snowflakes in the Rockies.

-- DRR