[lbo-talk] Punish a Pinochet: Cui Bono?

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Thu May 28 19:31:07 PDT 2009

On May 28, 2009, at 9:34 PM, Bill Bartlett wrote:
> Plus, as you say, we just aren't that logical a species. perhaps the
> least logical of all the animal kingdom.

One of my favourite quotes:

Man is said to be a rational animal. I do not know why he has not been defined as an affective or feeling animal. More often I have seen a cat reason than laugh or weep. Perhaps it weeps or laughs inwardly - but then perhaps, also inwardly, the crab resolves equations of the 2nd degree. -- Alasdair Macintyre.

--ravi