[lbo-talk] Urban ennui and the callous disregard for human life

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 19:40:06 PST 2009

I think this article is worth reading... http://ourmidland.com/articles/2009/11/01/opinion/editorials/doc4aed11f97dc88396738120.txt

...I remember a couple years ago a video aired down here on national TV newscasts showing a shooting at a gas station somewhere in the USA. As the clerk laid on the floor new people arrived and filled their gas tank... in other words "business as usual".

I´m trying to find that video now but so far no luck. Any more clues on the date-location of the event?.

I did find that other incident about the woman dying in the hostpital waiting room after awaiting 24 hours for help.

So.... are these isolated incidents or does extreme crapitalism breed this "callous disregard for human life"?

I did phone 911 down here once when I saw from my flat a woman being beaten in the street by his "lover"... and I´m happy to think I might have saved that woman´s life, as he was pressing her neck against a wall....

FC