[lbo-talk] do people still read post-structuralism?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 12:17:53 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Jeffrey Fisher <jeff.jfisher at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM, Joanna <123hop at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > We do? I don't think there's a single deconstructionist on this list.
> > I could be wrong.
> >

> i thought he was talking about marx, but past that . . .
>
> you're wrong. at least if i count as being on the list, even if i'm only
> "present" (ha ha?) intermittently -- perhaps my absence is present. anyway,
> maybe i'm really Derridean rather than Deconstructionist, but i leave it to
> people who care about such labels (whether as badges of honor/club
> membership, or, alternatively, as a scarlet D of shame) to sort out whether
> there's any meaningful Difference (ahem) between the two.
>
> The truth (and i think there is such a thing, depending on what you mean by
> it) is that i'm a bit of a Dilettante[1], so i probably actually incarnate
> lot of what people who decry postmodernists hate. there was a time when i
> was much more politically active than i have been in a while, but that fact
> has nothing at all to do with cushy professorial wages (i'm presently
> deeply
> in debt and infinitely far from tenure) or with my intellectual debt to
> Derrida. Quite the contrary. I might try to explain that if anyone cares,
> but I've probably said too much, already.
>

> [1] also, Defensive, Diabolical, and Disestablishmentarianistic. And a
> tease. ;-)

Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid.

Communism is good. Communism is good. Communism is good. Communism is good. (Did you hear that?)

Give up. (Did you hear that?) Give up. Give up. Give up! Give up!

Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid. Christianity's stupid. Christianity is stupid.

Give up. Give up. Give up. (Communism is good.) (Communism is good.)

Christianity's stupid. (Communism is good.) Christianity's stupid. (Communism is good.)

(Give up.)

Communism is good. (Christianity's stupid.) Communism is good. (Christianity's stupid.)

Give up. Give up. Give up.

>From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night! (Give up! Give up!)
>From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night! (Give up. Give up. Give up.)
>From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night! (Communism is good.)

Christianity is stupid. Christianity is stupid. (Communism is good.) Christianity's stupid. Christianity is stupid. (Communism is good.)

(Give up! Give up! Give up! Give up! Give up!)

... stupid. stupid. (From 5:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night!)

Communism is good. (Give up! ...) Christianity is stupid. Christianity's stupid. (Give up! Give up!) Communism is good.

(Give up! Give up! IYIYIYIYIYI ...)

Seventeen hours a day! Give up! Give up! Give up! ...

Shop as usual.

And avoid panic buying