[lbo-talk] Conversation with Derrida

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 15:33:55 PST 2009

It is pointing out this fact (that "reason" and "rationalism" are historically determined categories, which is true, and rooted in the pre- or a-rational, which is also true) by Derrida and Heidegger that causes both of them to get called "anti-rationalist." As if they were denying the reality of science or something. And of course apparently anti-rationalism is a key feature of Nazism. (rolls eyes)

----- Original Message ---- From: Chuck Grimes <cgrimes at rawbw.com>  The basic message, I think, is that our concepts of subject, rationialism, nation, and other cherished projects are always an ongoing system.