[lbo-talk] LBO-TALK new member

Luis Gutierrez luisgutierrez at peoplepc.com
Mon Nov 9 15:36:21 PST 2009

Greetings,

My name is Luis Teodoro Gutierrez, 67, Cuban-American, retired after 35 years in industrial R&D jobs (including 30 years with IBM), active in sustainability research since the 1970s (PhD dissertation on ecosystem dynamics in response to commercial use, Georgia Tech, 1974).

Since "retiring" in 2002, I have been associated with Ecocosm Dynamics Ltd. (ecocosmdynamics.org) as a pro bono research partner, newsletter editor and, since 2005, VP for Communications.

I also have my own independent research project on sustainable development and related issues such as socioeconomic solidarity, subsidiarity, nonviolence, gender equality, etc. (is there anything that is *unrelated* to sustainable development?).

I self-publish the monthly open access e-journal, The PelicanWeb Journal of Sustainable Development (pelicanweb.org). The current issue (11/09) includes two articles that may be of interest:

Pious Words, Puny Deeds, by Rajan Menon

http://www.pelicanweb.org/solisustv05n11page2rajanmenon.html

Income & Wealth in Socioeconomic Democracy, by Robley George

http://www.pelicanweb.org/solisustv05n11page5robleygeorge.html

If anyone here has a paper on labor issues in a sustainable development context, I am always delighted to get new papers for the journal.

Sincerely, Luis

Luis T. Gutierrez, Ph.D. Editor, "PelicanWeb Journal of Sustainable Development" http://www.pelicanweb.org/ ~ pelican at pelicanweb.org