[lbo-talk] the politics of food

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Nov 11 18:03:21 PST 2009

At 08:45 PM 11/11/2009, Gar Lipow wrote:

> >> "Q: At home, which would you typically cook?"
> >> "A: 35% say coconut lamb curry"
>
>I cooked coconut tofu curry last night. Doe this really have
>political significance?

it's a marketing gimmick from nerds at MIT -- probably the media lab that brought us Jonah -- Nike won't let me put Made by Sweatshop laborers on my sneakers --wahhh -- viral marketing hotdog -- Peretti. Most of them worked at SiteAdvisor first. Founder is Flickr founder. I'd say it's political only in the sense that we're the tards that fall for their gimmick and give them free advertising -- which is what they wanted us to do. Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. But look on the bright side! You might have someone marketing more and better crap at you!

It looks like about half of them worked on SiteAdvisor, which is from McAfee. While ostensibly providing the helpful service of detecting scam sites, it's software that is really using data mining to do wunderbar things with information about how you surf.

I'm currently involved in such a project: bwahahahahahahahahahaha. fun times.

anyway, with that kind of experience, creating one product that's offered free and collects info on your surfing habits, compiling them and selling them to marketing firms, you can see how this same enterprise is all about the same thing.

oooo. i forgot: such negativity and criticism! bad shag. bad bad bad!