[lbo-talk] the politics of food

Gar Lipow the.typo.boy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:21:40 PST 2009

On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 5:58 PM, martin <mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Nov 11, 2009, at 5:45 PM, Gar Lipow wrote:
>
>> I cooked coconut tofu curry last night.  Doe this really have
>> political significance?

Martin replied

> Depends on whether you ate it yourself, or served it to others (who ate it).

Served it to myself and dinner guests. Very popular. Yellow peppers, orange peppers, red peppers, onions, mangos, partially cooked pasta, firm tofu cut up small, lime juice, honey, wine, olive oil, curry powder, garlic, salt, sweetened coconut, cardoman. Prepare and cook for ten minutes while making breakfast, refrigerate until dinner time to marinate, begin cooking again cooking ten or fifteen minutes before dinner time - serve when peppers and onions are cooked. Make two servings per person, cause most people will have seconds.