[lbo-talk] the politics of food

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 23:41:01 PST 2009

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 2:26 AM, Gar Lipow <the.typo.boy at gmail.com> wrote:

Reminds me of the recipe my friend who lives in Atlanta, Georgia gives
> for chicken fried steak. "Take a cheap cut of meat, sliced thin and
> pounded tender. Spice, sauce and bread as you would chicken for
> frying. Fry in pan as you would a chicken. Feed to dog and go out for
> fried chicken."

"I've got this brilliant recipe for quiche! You make the quiche, right, an' then you cook it, an' then you throw the stupid fucking thing out the window. Then you grill yourself a t-bone an' eat that instead." Cassidy, the vampire in *Preacher* -- "Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure mægen lytlað."