[lbo-talk] the politics of food

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Thu Nov 12 08:22:00 PST 2009

At 10:54 AM 11/12/2009, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Nov 12, 2009, at 10:24 AM, shag carpet bomb wrote:
>
>>what does voting for Dems mean?

this is what I wrote in its full context:

"But, since you say it must mean something, and I don't necessarily disagree, what does voting for Dems mean? What is it a barometer of?"

I said: I don't necessarily disagree that it must mean something.

Thanks for conveniently ignoring that Doug.

><http://people-press.org/report/517/political-values-and-core-attitudes>
>
>Partisan gaps, D minus R (meaning positive numbers = more Ds favor
>than Rs), on:
>
>gov should help more needy people +36
>gov regulation of biz does more harm than good -34
>economy needs regulation to serve public +27
>gov needs to do more on health care +23
>concerned the gov too involved in health care -39
>
><http://people-press.org/report/?pageid=1518>
>
>Wall Street hurts more than helps +12
>labor unions necessary +36
>
>Aside from that, not much diff, eh?
>
>Doug

*yawn*

i can get this from any old opinion pollster. I come to this list for a _reading_ of the barometer -- a prediction of what these things mean and not what they mean for democrats, but what they mean for a radical left politics.[1]

so, this means what, exactly, for a left politics? what's your theory of social change here?

shag

[1]left in the radical left sense, not in the fucktarded left sense of the rightwing meme machine.