[lbo-talk] the politics of food

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 08:52:12 PST 2009

shag carpet bomb wrote:

> *yawn*
>
> i can get this from any old opinion pollster. I come to this list for
> a _reading_ of the barometer -- a prediction of what these things mean
> and not what they mean for democrats, but what they mean for a radical
> left politics.[1]

Just as a point of information, this all started when Eric asked skeptically whether voting Democrat is a barometer of anything -- he didn't ask what it means for a radical left politics.

But I don't get this. You often bring up real-life conversations you have with apolitical people, and you seem to report their opinions as if they have some bearing on their potential receptiveness to a left politics. Why does it all suddenly become meaningless when you ask 1,000 people in an opinion poll?

SA