[lbo-talk] Politics of food

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Nov 13 10:31:40 PST 2009

On Nov 13, 2009, at 9:57 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> But the rural areas and distant suburbs/exurbs/edge cities are
> mostly reactionary, and there's no point in trying to cultivate them.

The root of these communities is reactionary, but the accretion of layers to this root social fabric would be urban transplants. Isolated from their urban blue, I would expect them to respond to 'cultivation' eagerly. Otherwise, they must adopt a local color to improve their sense of inclusion.

martin