[lbo-talk] french love of thugs (with style)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 14 15:28:12 PST 2009

I thoughht "thug" came from the Thuggee caste, like "assassin" comes from "the assassins."

----- Original Message ---- From: Shane Mage <shmage at pipeline.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Sun, November 15, 2009 2:13:55 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] french love of thugs (with style)

A few more notes about this idiocy: --in the mid-1930's the bank robber John Dillinger was the most popular person in America --the word "thug" is a racist term adopted to denigrate Indian peasants forced into banditry by British colonial exactions --the number one hero-figure in today's British and American discourse is the mass murderer Winston Churchill, the most "thuggish" of imperialist politicians ever

Shane Mage