[lbo-talk] french love of thugs (with style)

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sun Nov 15 05:00:02 PST 2009

At 11:11 PM 11/14/2009, SA wrote:
>http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/08/books/review/Rosin-t.html?_r=1&pagewanted=print
>
>>I must confess, I have waited my whole life for someone to write a book
>>like "Bright-Sided." When I was a young child, my family moved to the
>>United States from Israel, where churlishness is a point of pride. As I
>>walked around wearing what I considered a neutral expression, strangers
>>would often shout, "What's the matter, honey? Smile!" as if visible
>>cheerfulness were some kind of requirement for citizenship.

required for being a young _female_ in the u.s. every woman in the u.s. will tell you such stories of how perfect _male_ strangers will stop you or walk past you uttering the demand.

oh no! an intersectional analysis. and one about gendered oppression that has nothing to do with overcoming _real_ inequality. bad shag, bad bad bad.

shag