[lbo-talk] french love of thugs (with style)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Nov 15 06:04:32 PST 2009

shag carpet bomb wrote:

> oh no! an intersectional analysis. and one about gendered oppression that
> has nothing to do with overcoming _real_ inequality. bad shag, bad bad bad.

Well, if two/thirds of the working class, independently of other factors, is suspccious of organized activity because of lifelong experiences of that sort, and if leftists get angry and hurt and hysterical if _their_ good intentions aren't immediately recognized by women, African Americans, etc., then maybe we are in the realm of real politics.

But I think you confuse it by citing equality/inequality rather than unfreedom/freedom. The struggle as Tamas points out is now for freedom, and daily irritations of the sort youmention are incompatible with collective struggle for freedom.

Carrol