[lbo-talk] french love of thugs (with style)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 15 06:00:02 PST 2009

It has to be intentional to count as murder.

I think this whole Churchill-bashing fad is really silly. My greataunt's school was bombed by the British (as a result of which the students were evacuated to Austria, where the other kids called her a Fischkopf, because she was from north Germany -- the ocean, get it?). You don't see me whining about it. It was WWII.

----- Original Message ---- From: "dredmond at efn.org" <dredmond at efn.org> No need for Shane to be so rude, but it's a fact that the British Empire did starve at least 2 million Bengalis to death in 1943. No, it wasn't intentional, any more than the 1930s Soviet famines or the 1960s Chinese famines were intentional. But British policies caused the famine, and the government officials of the time denied that there was a problem - I think the Americans offered food aid and were turned down.

-- DRR